Spennymoor Town Council
Welcome to Spennymoor Town Council
We have developed our new look website to provide a valuable source of information for all residents of our area, as well as visitors to the Town and anyone else who has an interest in Spennymoor and the surrounding area.
Use this website to discover the services provided by the Town Council, events going on in our area as well as details of things to do and places to go.
We hope you find the website easy to use and would welcome your comments. Please contact us to let us know.
Your Town, Your Council and Your Views!
Spennymoor Town Council seeks to identify its community's views on service provision and community priorities to enable the Council to set a three year plan and inform the budget setting process we are about to undertake a significant piece of consultation work with the Spennymoor community.
It is therefore vital that you as residents use this opportunity to inform the Town Council of what is a priority to you.
The document will inform you of the services that the Town Council provide and those which are provided by other service providers.
The consultation will take a number of formats including:
- A questionnaire in the next edition of SpennyNews
- Surgeries in your local community centres where you can drop in, discuss and complete the questionnaire
- Through the Town Council website where you can download the questionnaire to complete and return by email/post
- Specialist groups such as Youth Council
To help incentivise the completion of the questionnaire the Council have been donated a number of prizes and the lucky winner could win bed and breakfast for two at Hardwick Hall Hotel in Sedgefield. To enter please ensure you provide us with your email address.
Completed questionnaires should be returned to Spennymoor Town Council.
Spennymoor Town Show and Horticultural Show will take place on Saturday 5 September 2015 in Jubilee Park. Benching is opening from 3-7pm on Friday 4 September 2015.
- Art Gallery - BOB ABLEY ART GALLERY in Spennymoor Town Hall is open to the public between 12 noon and 4pm Monday to Friday; and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays
- Durham Mining Museum is situated within the Town Hall. Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 12noon until 4pm and Friday/Saturday 10am -2pm. Please click on the following link to access their website Durham Mining Museum
- 'YOU SAID, WE DID' - resulting from the Parish Plan consultation with the Spennymoor Community.You Said, We Did.pdf
- Please click on the following link to access Spennymoor Town Councils Annual Report for 2014 Annual Report 2014.pdf
- Members Allowance Payments for the Year Ended 31 March 2014.pdf
Top of page