Peterlee Show 2009
Saturday and Sunday 5 and 6 September, 2009
Peterlee Showground, Helford Road, Peterlee.
Peterlee Town council and Peterlee Show Committee would like to welcome show co-ordinator, Janet Hugill to the team.
You can download a copy of this year's programme by clicking this link: Show Programme 2009
Further details about the Peterlee show 2009 will be added in the run-up to the show.
Eden Lane Parks Department
Telephone (0191) 518 2295
Last year, the Peterlee Show attracted over 20,000 visitors last year, and we expect more this year! With a mix of live entertainment, marquees, competitions and fun fair, the Peterlee Show is the largest event of its kind in the area.
This year, the Peterlee Show will be teaming up with Sun FM to promote the Show weekend: www.sun-fm.com
Planned attractions for this year's Show are as follows:
Main Stage (Saturday)
- 5.00pm - High School Musical Show
- 6.00pm - 'Central Park' will perform everyones favourites
- 7.00pm - 'The Inspiration' will take us back to the 60s and 70s with some fantastic numbers to get you in the party mood.
- 8.00pm - 'The Arrival', young local talent will perform songs made famous by Bon Jovi, Oasis, White Snake and Def Leopard...this brilliant band is guaranteed to get you rocking right out of your seat!
- 9.00pm - 'Take That 2', an incredibly popular band who guarantees to entertain you to finish this spectacular night with all your favourites from Take That.
Main Arena Events
The main arena events are heldover 2 days, so if you are only able to come along for one day....you will not miss out on some fantastic entertainment.
Peterlee Show gives many opportunities for the general public to enter competitions, sell home made goods, showcase their trade and sell trade goods. Below you will find application forms for various events and activities which are being held throughout the weekend, if you have any queries about any of these or not sure which applies to you, please contact Janet Hugill, details above, or Peterlee Town Council Information Centre on (0191) 5864450.
Battle of the Bands
- hosted by Sun FM on Sunday afternoon
- anyone wishing to take part should contact the Parade Marshall, Jancie Measor on 07816088285
The Grand Parade will start at Peterlee Leisure Centre at 10.30a.m. Anyone wishing to join in the Parade in fancy dress is most welcome. There will be prizes for the best! Adults and children are invited to dress up!
Please note: The roads from the Leisure Centre, along Bede Way, parts of Burnhope Way, Passfield Way and Southway will be closed whilst the parade is taking place.
Top of page