Ouston Parish Council
Welcome to the Ouston Parish Council Website
Ouston village as it is known today was mostly constructed around 1961, on an area then known as Wentworth Park, after Lady Judith Wentworth (1873-1957) the former landowner.
The main village of Ouston is adjoined by the housing estate known as Urpeth Grange, which falls under Urpeth Parish. There are three schools in Ouston: St. Benet's Catholic Infant & Junior School, Ouston Infant and Ouston Junior School.
In November 2009 Ouston Primary School received a bronze award from Britain in Bloom for the way it has set up and developed its vegetable plots and flower beds. The scheme is organized and run through the Royal Horticultural Society.
The Parish plays an active part in Northumberland in Bloom and in 2011-12 achieved the Silver Award for the first time.
Please follow the links for more information on our Community.
Top of page