Event Calendar and Details
Below you will find information about what events and activities are taking place, month by month throughout the village. If you know of an event taking place and want it entered onto the calendar then contact us. Below the calendar is more detailed information about some of the events coming up.
Watch this space for more information being issued as it becomes available.
You will need Adobe Reader to view these files.
Keep coming back to find out more.
If you want to put an event in the calendar or you want more information on any of the above or if you are interested in helping to run the events then contact us
See you soon.
ACE carry out monthly litter-picks, they take place on a Saturday morning between 9.30am - 11.30am, targeting various sections of the village. ACE provide Hi-Viz jackets, gloves, litter-grabbers and bags. You can join for as little or as long as you are able. This is an easy way to keep our village looking good.
The schedule of activities is detailed in the documents below.
- August 19th - The RHS are making a visit, to take a look at the area on the walkway that is to be made into a wildflower area, with the support of the Durham Countryside Randers.
- August 20th - ACE are holding a Social Night from 7pm at Castle Eden Inn, everyone is welcome. A chance to catch up with friends, make new ones and find out what ACE are planning.
- Sunday September 1st - Join the Countryside Rangers on the walkway to help create the Wildflower area by raking up the grass to give wildflowers a better chance to thrive next year. Details in the flyers below with details of the Gramble also.
- Saturday September 7th - ACE are organising a Family Gramble to learn more about the trees and other plant-life along the Walkway. Details below.
- Monday September 30th - St James Church Harvest Supper. Always an enjoyable event at the Cricket Club, with Pies and peas, a chance to bid for fresh fruit and veg, buy local produce, including cakes and preserves.
Top of page