Three Wayfinding Units displaying maps and information relevant to Barnard Castle are positioned in the following areas within Barnard Castle.
- On Lower Galgate (near bus shelters)
- Within Town Centre Car Park (at junction with Star Yard)
- In Hall Street (at junction with Market Place)
- In the Hole in the Wall car park – (at Birch Road entrance side)
- On Newgate (at entrance to Hole in Wall car park)
As from April 2013 Barnard Castle Town Council have assumed responsibility for the maintenance of these units and a small budgetary allocation was been built into the Town Council’s 2013/14 budget.
The insurance for all units is being co-ordinated by Barnard Castle Town Council under their annual policy arrangements but the cost has been covered by Barnard Castle Vision.
Any local organisation wishing to display information relevant to Barnard Castle should contact the Town Council’s office and this will be included on a first come first served basis.
Top of page